Discussion related to commuter rail and rapid transit operations in the Chicago area including the South Shore Line, Metra Rail, and Chicago Transit Authority.

Moderators: metraRI, JamesT4

by PRRGuy

I got a phone call today from a friend of mine asking if we bought some new engines. He said there's a black EX IC unit running around it Burnham Yard. So, I drove over and found this unit tied to the regular power switching out the yard, however it was dead-in-tow. Any ideas where it's going?

by octr202

No idea where its going to or from, but BVRY is Brandywine Valley Railroad, the switching road for the former Lukens Steel (later Beth Steel, ISG now Mittal) complex in Coatesville, PA.

A quick search turned it up in Homewood yard on 3/14/07. Probably a relocation to another company property.

by PRRGuy

I remembered seeing a similar EX IC unit over in burns harbor on the Lake Michigan & Indiana RR. I wonder if it's headed there.

by PRRGuy

Mystery solved, a couple days ago I spotted the " Mystery loco" at the LM&I yard in Burns harbor, along with the other Ex IC GP11, now the BVRY has been painted out.