Railroad Forums 

Discussion related to commuter rail and transit operators in California past and present including Los Angeles Metrolink and Metro Subway and Light Rail, San Diego Coaster, Sprinter and MTS Trolley, Altamont Commuter Express (Stockton), Caltrain and MUNI (San Francisco), Sacramento RTD Light Rail, and others...

Moderator: lensovet

#6204  by Stephen

Has Muni disposed of all of its Boeing LRVs? If so, were they all scrapped or were they sold?
Thanks,
Stephen

#7489  by tp49

The simple answer is yes Muni did dispose of all their Boeing LRV's as to what happened beyond that I am not sure.

#7956  by westernrrtx

There is one at the Western Railway Museum, Rio Vista Jct. CA.

#18447  by Phil Hom

I read 13 plus cars were sold to a city/operator in the United Kingdom. :D

#23021  by Stephen

Thanks.

#27795  by queenlnr8

There is a Boeing LRV sitting, more like rotting, in the small yeard behind Safeway on market near the Castro. The portal is there as well.

#37355  by MBTA1

I'm from Boston and have a question about your Boeings. I understand that they are no more but how did the center doors work, was the doorway always platform level or did they go up and down when either in the tunnel or out of the tunnel? Any info is helpful and thank you.

#37453  by tp49

IIRC and it's been a while since I rode in a Boeing but I believe the center door had stairs that raised or lowered depending upon street level or platform boarding.

#44618  by ctaman34

the muni is 100% breda lrv

#59103  by pdxstreetcar

The Oregon Electric Railway Museum acquired a Boeing LRV in 2000. I think it has trolley poles in addition to the pantograph.

I saw an old Boeing LRV in a Richmond, CA scrap yard a few years ago while on the Capitol Corridor train.

#59346  by Flxiblemetro

:-) Hey everyone,

I have seen and took a picture of a Boeing LRV numbered 1320 at Muni Metro's light rail maintenance/yard facility at San Jose and Geneva next to Balboa Park BART Station.

Email me if you wanna see it.

Arthur Thomas

#59405  by queenlnr8

It is really not hard to see a Boeing.

There is one rotting at the Mint (Duboce) Yard on Market Street all the time.