Railroad Forums 

• MNRR REHIRE POLICY....

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

#1369806  by Bgunn17

I was an employee of MNRR about 15 years ago as a coach cleaner. I'll admit that I was young and dumb during this period of my life. I wasn't the best employee as far as always booking off an such. To be honest, I can't even remember if I was terminated or I quit it was so long ago. However, I am a family man now and have would love to try and get back on the railroad. I have applied to numerous positions at MNRR as of late. My question is if anyone has any insight into what my chances are of being rehired by this great company. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!
 #1370180  by DutchRailnut

yup closer to sh** out of luck ?
 #1370282  by Acela150

Yeah I wouldn't count on it to be honest. Especially if they fired you for a Rule G. You can forget about working for any railroad if that's the case.
 #1370475  by DutchRailnut

rule G is for all railroad employees and again chances of rehire even for less of a problem is close to nil at MTA.
unless you have hell of connection .
 #1370585  by Noel Weaver

freightguy wrote:I could be wrong, but I don't think Rule G applies to a coach cleaner...
I think you are very wrong on this. What would be your response if a coach cleaner had a bit too much and wandered out on a main line track during his tour of duty and got clobbered by a fast moving train? It can and has happened and it can happen again. There are plenty of hard working folks who would appreciate a coach cleaner position and available without hiring a probable failure.
Noel Weaver
 #1370645  by truck6018

Noel Weaver wrote: What would be your response if a coach cleaner had a bit too much and wandered out on a main line track during his tour of duty and got clobbered by a fast moving train?
Forget about the main. Just walking around the yard with trains going in and out all day. Further more they climb up and down, on and off the trains. Some drive the motorized cart around the yard.
 #1370765  by techster2012

If you can't remember quitting or getting fired, don't kid yourself, chances are you got fired.

I resigned because I didn't like the position. I applied for a job twice. one day, I saw a posting for Electrician so I just applied for the hell of it. Long story short, accepted a job as an Electrician just to get my foot in the door. The work just was not at all interesting so I resigned. About two years later, I reapplied for the position I had really wanted to begin with, tested, interviewed and was re-hired.

As with most companies, If you don't get fired and don't show your ass when you quit, if you were a good employee, you will be considered for rehire.
 #1370776  by freightguy

Noel weaver wrote;

I think you are very wrong on this. What would be your response if a coach cleaner had a bit too much and wandered out on a main line track during his tour of duty and got clobbered by a fast moving train? It can and has happened and it can happen again. There are plenty of hard working folks who would appreciate a coach cleaner position and available without hiring a probable failure.

I can one up that. A crew almost running over the superintendent of rules long hood out. No one taken OOS, just an angry phone call to remember to blow the horn near Richmond Hill, Queens. Can't remember the number of coach cleaners that have walked in front of the train luckily no one being struck. Different time and place today. Just wasn't sure about rule G applying to other crafts verse transportation.
 #1370909  by truck6018

Regardless if Rule G is pertinent to transportation personnel or not, MNRR's "General Safety Instructions" states basically the same thing and covers all employees.
 #1371410  by Bgunn17

If what I'm understanding is rule g pertains to drugs and alcohol on the job? I never had an infraction with this circumstances.