Railroad Forums 

• MNRR Crew Dispatcher II status?

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

#1341813  by dremoney9972

So my fiancee and I went for the civil service exam in June for the Crew Dispatcher II position and apparently the background checks are completed with a status of "complete consider" for both of us. Anyone with experience getting hired for this position able to shed some light on how long before they call for interviews/hiring? We're both really anxious to get out of our current jobs but we're patient cause I know how long these processes take; my brother is with MTA NYC Transit as a train operator after being on their wait list for 6 years. don't know how quick about things MNRR is but the turnaround from test to results was only 3 weeks then another month or so to complete our backgrounds. so I'm thinking by end of August/September? Any input is greatly appreciated.
 #1341852  by DutchRailnut

no Metro North jobs are civil service ??
 #1341907  by dremoney9972

I know. the exam is the same as civil service. I suppose call it a pre employment exam or whatever you want. its the same test as the civil service exam. im not asking to debate that. im simply looking for information from anyone who's gone through the motions for this position on a timeframe. thank you.
 #1342722  by Steamboat Willie

Crew dispatcher is one of the highest paying jobs within the TCU at MNR. There has been quite a bit of turn over within the last few years amongst upper management as well as crew dispatchers who work at Crew Management Center.
 #1342934  by dremoney9972

Steamboat Willie wrote:Crew dispatcher is one of the highest paying jobs within the TCU at MNR. There has been quite a bit of turn over within the last few years amongst upper management as well as crew dispatchers who work at Crew Management Center.
so does that mean we'll be called soon? sounds like there are always vacancies they need to fill.
 #1352174  by dremoney9972

So a recruiter from HR gave me a call back the other day, said that candidates who pass the background check are placed in a pool for possible interviews when vacancies arise. anyone on the inside able to shed some light as to when there might be vacancies in the crew dispatcher position? I was led to believe that employees retire next month so is it just like a last minute thing with the railroad calling people and giving them a start date a week or two out? how does that work? thanks all.
 #1352347  by truck6018

I don't know about retirements specifically. I know two dispatchers were recently promoted. Regardless, even if there is a vacancy today, that job has to go up for bid to everyone in that craft. It's only after jobs go no bid for a period of time that people from the outside get hired.
 #1354739  by dremoney9972

so my brother got the call for conductor and went in for the abilities and physical test yesterday, got the offer and pending drug test. hoping this means they'll be making moves soon in the other positions, so our applications can make their way through the process. I know it's a long process and waiting for things to happen is the way it is but doesn't mean I can't be frustrated waiting and wondering.
 #1361440  by dremoney9972

has anyone who works for MNRR heard anything recently regarding hiring for crew dispatcher? we completed our background checks over the summer and my brother recently started with MNR as a conductor and said there were a few new hires for crew dispatcher in his class as well. I'm trying to gauge a timeframe on getting called for an interview and hiring. any help would be greatly appreciated.
 #1383660  by dremoney9972

anyone hear any updates on people getting called for the position? My brother was hired on as conductor and started last December, so I'm wondering if anyone has any information on whether they have started calling for interviews or will be in the near future? thanks all!