Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

by nick11a

sullivan1985 wrote:
NJ Transit is also taking delivery of 29 new electric locomotives
Hmm, last I checked, those 29 new electric locomotives NJT is supposed to be getting have been in service now for about 4 years...
Yeah, they meant to say "has" I think. And 4188 is out for orverhauls right now and I believe there is another MN FH-2 now out as well.

by Clean Cab

We on MNRR have already seen these two units. I think that the numbers are #265 and #291 both former Amtrak F40PHs. CDOTs leased both of these units a couple of years ago, with little success. Now they're back again?

by Dieter

Will the Units be left in Morristown and Erie livery?

Dieter./

by njt4172

Dieter wrote:Will the Units be left in Morristown and Erie livery?

Dieter./
I Don't think so.... I believe Metro-North is repainting them in the Beach ball scheme....! I'm sure Dutchrailnut would know better!! I find it very odd that he hasn't commented on this post yet. After all, he denied that Metro-North was leasing them on several occassions in the first place!

by Sirsonic

Ill believe this when I see it in the NJT bulletin order. The reporter may well have used this website as the source for that item...

by DutchRailnut

I have not commented as I Believe the Chief Mechanical Officer of Metro North more than a Newspaper reporter who gets his info from who knows who.
Only thing I know is the 2 F40's M&E has were certified pieces of s*** when CDOT leased them for SLE operations.
And I can not Imagine them leasing the same s***.

by njt4172

Sirsonic wrote:Ill believe this when I see it in the NJT bulletin order. The reporter may well have used this website as the source for that item...
SIRSONIC,

But, common now!! I have heard that even the NJT bulletin orders were not verifiable sources of factual information..!! I mean I thought they still had a couple of the railworld F40 pieces of S*** in the bulletin as early as last month, however they have been off property for almost a year!?!? NJT doesn't even know what their doing!

by N.Y. narrow guage

Hey Mr dutchrailnut
Are you calling M&E mechincal dept worthless people. Are you
calling M&E locomotives pieces of sh**. Have you run these
engines since M&E took them over . If not ,shut the he** up!
It been stated by alot of people . The f-40 from maine eastern aka
m&e is being leased to metro north or nj transit.

by DutchRailnut

calm your language pal I did not call anyone anything, I stated the two units were pieces of s**t when we leased them first time and I can not imagine same people leasing same s**t again.
Maybe M&E fixed them but comparing the Maine easter operation with commuter service is like comparing the Daytone 500 to a mail route.

by Dieter

Good for you, Dutch! I'm getting tired of people taking criticism of Mechanical Conditions and Dolts as personal attacks. It makes you wonder how they misinterpret so much.

Back to the issue at hand, If they're painting the M&E Units into Beach Ball scheme, will they paint them back into M&E red and white at the end of the lease? It reminds me of the time that the D&H leases some Canadian domes and pissed-off the owners by painting them into blue and yellow WITHOUT PERMISSION.

Dieter./

by DutchRailnut

I find the repainting story a bit confuzing and unbelievable, MNCR has leased units before, two F7's from UHRS, two E8's from NJT, Two E8's from Amtrak, 6 P40's from Amtrak, yet they never bothered to repaint them.
So why now with these Maine Eastern units ???

by Otto Vondrak

Dieter- O/T, but regards your Canadian domes... D&H was operating the Adirondack for Amtrak, and Amtrak had a leased CP dome in Amtrak colors which they assigned to the Adirondack in 1975. D&H was running the train with a solid blue-and-yellow consist at the time, and in a burst of pride, spirited the dome over to Colonie Shops, applied a yellow decal over the red Amtrak stripe, applied D&H shield decals at the vestibule ends, and then put the car back in service. An official riding the first run of the Lake Shore Limited to Chicago saw the redecorated dome at Alb-Ren and hit the roof! The car was restored to its original Amtrak appearance soonafter.

Sorry for the trip down the D&H.

Back to the topic at hand- let's all keep our cool, keep the foul language off of here, and forget the personal attacks.

-otto-

by Ken S.

Otto Vondrak wrote:Dieter- O/T, but regards your Canadian domes... D&H was operating the Adirondack for Amtrak, and Amtrak had a leased CP dome in Amtrak colors which they assigned to the Adirondack in 1975. D&H was running the train with a solid blue-and-yellow consist at the time, and in a burst of pride, spirited the dome over to Colonie Shops, applied a yellow decal over the red Amtrak stripe, applied D&H shield decals at the vestibule ends, and then put the car back in service. An official riding the first run of the Lake Shore Limited to Chicago saw the redecorated dome at Alb-Ren and hit the roof! The car was restored to its original Amtrak appearance soonafter.

Sorry for the trip down the D&H.

Back to the topic at hand- let's all keep our cool, keep the foul language off of here, and forget the personal attacks.

-otto-
I thought that the restriped Amtrak domes were ex-Wabash. The CP domes were given regular D&H colors sans the blue windowbands.