Railroad Forums 

• MMID Operations

• Discussion pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Delaware, Maryland, Virginia and Washington, D.C.
Discussion pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Delaware, Maryland, Virginia and Washington, D.C.

Moderator: therock

#166919  by ajt

Does the Maryland Midland still run the stone train mornings from Union Bridge, and the UBHF to highfield in the early afternoon?

Any tips on photographing both trains?

#214915  by justinking

The Stone train is now part of the UBEG. That train runs through downtown westminster between 10-12 every morning and again between 1-4 with the empty stones and the CSX cars. Lately the return trip has been light power or no more than 5-6 cars. I vote try and catch the morning run. The crossing in Westminster makes for a cool shot, means it is a five way intersection.

#276201  by PVRX1

UBHF/HFUB is supposed to be Sunday thru Thursday, what days does the UBEG/EGUB run?

#276387  by justinking

UBEG seems to run mon-fri. Its been weird as of late with the heat and alot of track work. its been running mostly at night or very early AM.
 #276398  by RailVet

Alex Mayes wrote an article in the August 2006 issue of Railpace titled "Chasing Maryland Midland's Union Bridge to Highfield Run." It's well worth reading.

#277078  by PVRX1

I rode down there on Monday.

At 2pm an unidentified MMID GP9 was tied down in the cement plant, GP38s 306, 305, 301 pulled some cars from the cement plant a little after two. They yarded them, rearranged the power so that it was 301, 306 and they departed west at 250pm.

The article you mentioned was right on the money and good.

I found no train east of UB, and no other power exposed anywhere around UB. I assume UBHF also works the two branches west of UB? or does a seperate job do this.

#277404  by justinking

the train east bound from union bridge would have already been gone and back in UB by that time. The power may have been the same used for the west bound or in the sheds already.