Railroad Forums 

• MM&A's Third Anniversary

• Discussion of present-day CM&Q operations, as well as discussion of predecessors Montreal, Maine & Atlantic Railway (MMA) and Bangor & Aroostook Railroad (BAR).
Discussion of present-day CM&Q operations, as well as discussion of predecessors Montreal, Maine & Atlantic Railway (MMA) and Bangor & Aroostook Railroad (BAR).

Moderator: MEC407

#203287  by Realityrail

Congratulations to the entire staff of the MM&A on the occasion of the third anniversary of the start of the railroad. This success would never have been possible with out the dedication and hard work of the entire staff from the people in the field on up to Bob Grindrod and Ed Burkhardt.

May 2006 be an even more successful year for all of you!

#241866  by northgandydancer

Realityrail, thanks from one of the people in the field. You are so very right it has been an uphill run but things are finally coming around (no, I am NOT referring to the recent election of BLET). Business is fairly stable or at least more so than it was 3 years ago when our biggest customer closed down on us. With the tonnage up westbound the way it has been and the extremely light snow burden this winter things are looking a lot less bleak than they have in the past. With a bit of luck I will be retiring from MMA in 5 years and if freight increases as they have in the last three I am afraid they will have to look around for reliable power. You are right too in it has taken an effort from Ed, Bob down the line to the last person here to make this all happen.
Thanks again. [/u]
 #242144  by Realityrail

North GD

It is people like you that make the railroad a success. I wish you could spread the feelings you have among a few more departments, including a few in Hermon.

How is your new VP-E doing?

#265323  by northgandydancer

Sorry to be so long getting back to you. My puter has been down for almost a month and I lost a lot of programs and such.
Which new VP are you referring to? They seem to change quite often down at what has been affectionately referred to as "fort blunder" so at times it's hard to keep track of them all, lol.

dancer

#265327  by Realityrail

Your VP of Engineering--Melody--any changes and are they changes for the better?

#265776  by northgandydancer

I will hold comment at this time.

#289113  by MMATrackman

northgandydancer wrote:I will hold comment at this time.
I don't know if you meant to be funny here, but I laughed pretty hard.

As an Engineering Dept. employee, I too "will hold comment at this time"

#290384  by northgandydancer

Guess we both are coming from the same direction trackman. "Don't forget to cancel".

#291007  by sandmansays

I find the "Fort Blunder" comment a little odd gents. I'm in and out of the Hermon building a couple times a week and in particular the csc/dispatch area....not sure if thats the area you mean or not but I truly enjoy everyone in there and find them very knowledgeable.

Anyway, theres always going to be issues that need to be resolved and at any given time, something can always be changed "for the better", but overall I think its been a huge improvement over the Ironroad days. At least the employees paychecks aint bouncing and they employ a bunch of people nowadays.

I say congrats to all !!!!!!!!

#291482  by northgandydancer

"Fort Blunder" has been the knickname of the office for many years. It was placed upon it when it was moved from the original location of Houlton and has been affectionatly called that by many since. Things are 180 degrees from what they were with Iron Road and I am enjoying it.