Discussion related to commuter rail and rapid transit operations in the Chicago area including the South Shore Line, Metra Rail, and Chicago Transit Authority.

Moderators: metraRI, JamesT4

by metraRI

I am in the process of making a new site containing everything Metra. From pictures of Loco's to Stations and almost everything in-between. It will all be on MetxPix.com

Once the full site is up and running, I would really appreciate feedback on what everyone thinks about the site.
Last edited by metraRI on Sat Apr 01, 2006 8:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.

by metraRI

I have decided to open MetxPix 2 days early, well...really 3, but either way the site is up. Not everything has pictures yet, but I hope that will change in time. Once again, all comments are welcomed.

by c604.

Very nice site! I like the number board effect at the bottom of the pages and the MP36 stripe. Looks great! Just remember to include buttons to go back to the previous page and to the home page :-) . Did you make the site by hard coding it or did you use a web developing program like Dreamweaver, etc.?

by metraRI

c604. wrote:Very nice site! I like the number board effect at the bottom of the pages and the MP36 stripe. Looks great! Just remember to include buttons to go back to the previous page and to the home page :-) . Did you make the site by hard coding it or did you use a web developing program like Dreamweaver, etc.?
Thanks! I thought about adding buttons on the pages, but I didn't know how many people actually use them. I used FrontPage for the site, and Paint Shop Pro for almost everything else.

by usa4624

I think the Metra Electric Highlevels deserve their own section, rather than being mixed in with the passenger cars.

What can I say, I'm an electric railroad fan!

by metraRI

usa4624 wrote:I think the Metra Electric Highlevels deserve their own section, rather than being mixed in with the passenger cars.

What can I say, I'm an electric railroad fan!
They probably will get a section of their own once I get more pictures. A new section probably wont happen until May when the new Highliners are delivered.

by Tadman

Much love for your website. Also, props for including South Shore. Keep up the good work!

by AMTK84

Everyone,

Please note that Kyle and I are working together on getting audio files up on the site also!

by metraRI

Audio of MP36's has been uploaded, more to come.
  by EJandE652

I've been listening to the MP36 audios. Great job!

by RMadisonWI

Where can I find the audio page? I've clicked around the site, and don't even see where the MP36 pictures are. The only ones I see are F40PH, F40C and Switchers.

by metraRI

Audio of the MP36's is on each individual MP36 page. I'm in the process of changing how the link pictures looks, so they are side shots like the F40. Give me about 20-30 minutes to get the old link back up, and you can check the audio out.

by AmtrakFan

Kyle,
One Compliant when I am looking at the 8400's page it takes me to the 8200's page.

by metraRI

Whoops, All fixed now.

by metraRI

While on the subject of audio on MetxPix, I changed how the audio is viewed so it is no longer a white screen. Hopefully it works out the way I want it.