Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

#16385  by Terminal Proceed

Anyone going up to the Danbury Museum to catch the MNRR Rail Rodeo on Saturday? Let me know I will be there and a contestant as well.

#16395  by DutchRailnut

Ill be there as well :-)

#16493  by NIMBYkiller

ARGH! Why do I have to have work tomarrow. Oh well...

Have fun, and good luck!

#16737  by Otto Vondrak

Dutch, I think some of those young guys are going after your slot on the roster!! ha ha!

The rail rodeo made for some interesting chatter on the scanner- but you couldn't really see what was going on. A three-car bom train with FL9 were shuttling back and forth, making all sorts of moves and tests that were judged by rules examiners and other supervisors. Nothing really visible to the public though. It was fun to walk around the DRM yard and FINALLY get a ride on RDC #32! The volunteers there were nice, some showed me around the NYC woodie caboose under restoration, another let me and my friend into the cab of the Roger Williams... and the weather was decent to boot.

-otto-