Discussion related to commuter rail and rapid transit operations in the Chicago area including the South Shore Line, Metra Rail, and Chicago Transit Authority.

Moderators: metraRI, JamesT4

by Joe

Flags of Our Fathers it is called.

I don't think they'd make the November 11th opening of "Derailed" if they were still filming this weekend. :wink:

by doepack

Looks like this train's appearance in the movie is done. BN-1 and CB&Q 9911A with some vintage heavyweight passenger cars in tow were being led by a UPY switcher (couldn't get the road #) westbound through Wheaton at approx. 2030 hrs. Headed toward the Belvidere sub on their way back home to the IRM...

-Dorian

by Scotty Burkhardt

Any photos of it?

by doepack

It snuck up on me while I was eating dinner last night, and with so much freight traffic blasting through here every day, special moves like this can be easy to miss. By the time I realized what train it was, it was too late (and too dark) already. Better luck next time, I guess...

by byte

Just dug this up: http://www.belleville.com/mld/bellevill ... 136312.htm. Metra's now apologizing for their involvement in "Derailed" due to the recent and fatal Rock Island derailment.

by AmtrakFan

Scotty Burkhardt wrote:Any photos of it?
Yes I get the shots delvoped.