Discussion related to commuter rail and rapid transit operations in the Chicago area including the South Shore Line, Metra Rail, and Chicago Transit Authority.

Moderators: metraRI, JamesT4

by Amtrak31

During my second period Drivers Ed, Metra came to our class to discuss railroad safety. We watched a video of what could happen if we don't always stop at crossings. I'm not going to get into that....kind of sad. He asked us some questions. I answered the most correct (since I'm the only one that loves trains in the room :-) ) and got some nice prizes. Metra mouse pad which I am using right now, Metra key chains, pens/pencils. It was very fun. There's been Metra signs and posters posted all over our room all year.

by Joe

Wo0t wo0t. Nick got free stuff.

by Amtrak31

WoOt woOt. Joe is green with envy.

by Joe

Well anyway, that story was very enlightening and I'm sure everyone enjoyed it.
  by doepack

Amtrak31 wrote:During my second period Drivers Ed, Metra came to our class to discuss railroad safety. We watched a video of what could happen if we don't always stop at crossings. I'm not going to get into that....kind of sad. He asked us some questions. I answered the most correct (since I'm the only one that loves trains in the room :-) ) and got some nice prizes. Metra mouse pad which I am using right now, Metra key chains, pens/pencils. It was very fun. There's been Metra signs and posters posted all over our room all year.
Good for you. Are you an operation lifesaver volunteer? If not, it would be a great way to put that rail safety knowledge to use...

by Amtrak31

doepack wrote:Are you an operation lifesaver volunteer?
Nope, but that would definately be a good idea.