Railroad Forums 

• MetLife Concert Rail Service on BetMGM Meadowlands Rail Line

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

#954683  by Terrapin Station

cruiser939 wrote:Maybe you should spend more time making the actual point and less time keeping this board in suspense as to whether or not you have a point in the first place?
Maybe you should spend less time being a wanna-be moderator here (I don't see your name in the list of Mods of this forum) and then I could have more quickly gotten to my point? Then none of this would have happened.
 #954705  by Uzi-Cat

Terrapin Station wrote:
cruiser939 wrote:Maybe you should spend more time making the actual point and less time keeping this board in suspense as to whether or not you have a point in the first place?
Maybe you should spend less time being a wanna-be moderator here (I don't see your name in the list of Mods of this forum) and then I could have more quickly gotten to my point? Then none of this would have happened.
Ah, the old "I'm rubber, you're glue, whatever you say bounces off me and sticks to you defense." That never works.

Tarpon Station perhaps you should try saying "gotcha last". That might work better for you.

:)... mandatory smiley and also Jeff Smith rules. We should be good to go now.
 #954807  by cruiser939

Sirsonic wrote:
cruiser939 wrote:
SecaucusJunction wrote:A coworker of mine, who drove, said she got out of the parking lot in half an hour... so maybe it worked too well.
Looks like many people wouldn't agree with your coworker's account... http://www.northjersey.com/arts_enterta ... notes.html
Cruiser, I have already verbally counciled you on using facts when SecaucusJunction is trying to make a point that contradicts those facts. Please consider this a letter of reinstruction and be governed accordingly.
I don't know if I'll ever be able to stop using facts to counter SecaucusJunction's posts. It's just too much fun demonstrating how little he knows about operating a real railroad. Bring on the hearing!
 #954813  by Jtgshu

"A fair and impartial facts investigation"

You've been to RR.net prison already Cruiser, RR prison is next. Careful!

NJT Corporate Prison having your office moved to Sec Jct and being forced to eat Sbarro's every day.

For us non-white hats, its having to work with or be around with the biggest pain in hind end on each line. And it doesn't matter, each line has one, they are all different, but oh so the same.

YUPYUP or NJRailTrain3224toAmtrakCETC9foraradiocheckontheAmtrakfrequency,over? or NJ Rail 3888888888588 to Cetc 7 oooooooooooooooooverrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Thats three examples for three lines right there and I think those are easy :)

MY GOD what did I do to deserve thissssssssss!!! immmm sorrrryyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAH
 #954817  by SecaucusJunction

cruiser939 wrote: I don't know if I'll ever be able to stop using facts to counter SecaucusJunction's posts. It's just too much fun demonstrating how little he knows about operating a real railroad. Bring on the hearing!

Easy there... I'm telling you what I heard from someone. I'm sure there were some cars at the concert that did get out of the parking lot within a half an hour. They didn't keep all the gates closed and not let a single person go for 60 minutes... but whatever helps you sleep through the night.
 #954820  by cruiser939

SecaucusJunction wrote:
cruiser939 wrote: I don't know if I'll ever be able to stop using facts to counter SecaucusJunction's posts. It's just too much fun demonstrating how little he knows about operating a real railroad. Bring on the hearing!

Easy there... I'm telling you what I heard from someone. I'm sure there were some cars at the concert that did get out of the parking lot within a half an hour. They didn't keep all the gates closed and not let a single person go for 60 minutes... but whatever helps you sleep through the night.
Oh, I have no problem with you telling us about your coworker's experience. Of course some people were able to get out more quickly than others and perhaps your associate was one of them. I was just posting the link to show you that many people ran into problems trying to leave by car. More to follow...
 #954822  by SecaucusJunction

I believe there were. I've been to concerts that big. My post was actually somewhat complimentary to NJT saying they took a lot of cars out of the parking lot that night. I wasn't there to witness.
 #954824  by cruiser939

SecaucusJunction wrote:Wouldn't be a bad idea for the double tracked BCL to have a special train like that. Too bad there is no "wye" track at Pascack Jct. That would avoid a reverse move. I'm sure they could easily fill a train if they had a special run to the Meadowlands for events like this. MTA runs "Yankee Clipper" trains on their lines to/from Yankee Stadium on game days and they are very well patronized. I think, especially for Hoboken division customers, the fear of getting stranded at Secaucus for longer periods of time would be a deterrent for riding the train to the stadium.
This is where I do have a problem. It would absolutely be a horrible idea to try and run a train to Suffern from the Meadowlands. I know that it would help you out, but you neglect to consider the the problems with running such a train. The main problem is that it would be almost impossible to sort people out at the stadium based on their destination. Even if something were to be attempted, I guarantee that due to the impaired and idiotic nature of the passengers, numerous misroutes would occur. Additionally, by sending a train to Suffern, you effectively take a train out of the pool of consists which is used to cycle back to the Meadowlands to help clear customers out. This is why I often say that even though you claim to be a watchdog for the riding public, most of your observations a selfish in nature and don't benefit the majority.
 #954825  by blockline4180

Fight nice Children!!
We all know NJT is the most perfect railroad out there and is incapable of failing!:-)
 #954827  by cruiser939

Terrapin Station wrote:
You could have more quickly gotten to your point by just making it in your first post instead of stringing the guy along... just saying.

I know it must be weird for you to operate in an environment where moderation exists and you can't just post whatever you want without being questioned. No, I'm not a moderator; but I'll still call you or anybody else out on making a useless posts.
 #954998  by sixty-six

Jtgshu wrote:"A fair and impartial facts investigation"

You've been to RR.net prison already Cruiser, RR prison is next. Careful!

NJT Corporate Prison having your office moved to Sec Jct and being forced to eat Sbarro's every day.

For us non-white hats, its having to work with or be around with the biggest pain in hind end on each line. And it doesn't matter, each line has one, they are all different, but oh so the same.

YUPYUP or NJRailTrain3224toAmtrakCETC9foraradiocheckontheAmtrakfrequency,over? or NJ Rail 3888888888588 to Cetc 7 oooooooooooooooooverrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Thats three examples for three lines right there and I think those are easy :)

MY GOD what did I do to deserve thissssssssss!!! immmm sorrrryyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAH
You forgot "NJ Rail 3218 calling the Long Branch Yardmaster for a radio check, over."
 #955001  by BuddSilverliner269

Terrapin Station wrote:
I think the uni-brow troll needs to go back to subchat where he belongs? Terrapin please stop starting your stupid arguments.