Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

by RRGUY

Check out this news story on Metro North's union's website. How the frig can you get hit in the head twice by a train and survive?
www.GoACRE.org
  by jtr1962

RRGUY wrote:How the frig can you get hit in the head twice by a train and survive?
Easy. His head is simply one solid piece of bone with perhaps a walnut-sized brain buried deep inside.

by Nester

ACRE did not put this story out. This came from NY Newsday.

http://www.newsday.com/news/local/wire/ ... -apnewyork

Based on the flimsy facts in the article, I would guess the kid is either off his rocker or has one of those inner-ear problems that causes you to lose balance...

Nester

by the missing link

HEADLINE!man hit in head twice by train:no improvement of i.q.

by DutchRailnut

missing link if your gone comment on stories don't wait 4 months this was old news in November.

by the missing link

oh,just having a little fun.yes old news........

by Dieter

The story may be old, but what do you bet the guy's noggin still hurts?

The question at this point in time is this; Is the guy suing the railroad for his own negligence, or is he OK? Chances are instead of being clumsy, the poor fellow has a neurological problem. The only people I've ever seen get clipped by a train or fall off a platform were drunks, junkies and epileptics having a seizure. Talk about seeing something that makes your heart stop, this guy is lucky to be alive.

I hope he feels better, and has figured out what the yellow line is for.

Dieter./