Railroad Forums 

• Maine Northern Railway (ex-MMA lines operated by EMR/NBSR)

• Discussion of present-day CM&Q operations, as well as discussion of predecessors Montreal, Maine & Atlantic Railway (MMA) and Bangor & Aroostook Railroad (BAR).
Discussion of present-day CM&Q operations, as well as discussion of predecessors Montreal, Maine & Atlantic Railway (MMA) and Bangor & Aroostook Railroad (BAR).

Moderator: MEC407

#952539  by carchecker

Noticed today what I think is the first shipment of logs for the Woodland mill off the Northern Maine line. Approximately 20-25 cars arrived today on the NBSR eastbound in McAdam and are presently sitting in the hill yard. They will go on the south freight out of McAdam Monday.
 #959009  by mwhite

NBSR/EMRY/Maine Northern is exercising its trackage rights between Millinocket and Brownville Junction. This morning, 3 GP-38-3's (all with NBSR reporting marks) ran past Schoodic southbound then later northbound. Nice to see EMDs once again, save for 758 which makes occasional appearances on Job 1 and 2.
 #959227  by mwhite

I'm pretty sure it's trackage rights on this segment. It's also my understanding that MMA has trackage rights from Millinocket to Madawaska. But as I like to say, "I learn from my mistakes, and, boy, have I learned a lot!"
 #1006083  by CN9634

1 of 2 SD40-2's has arrived at the NBSR/EMRY/MNR (I guess for simplicity we will just call them Irving) yard in Saint John. These units are being tried out by the NBSR to see how they perform on mainline runs. They will run between Millinocket and Saint John making stops in Brownville and Mattawamkeag to perform work.