Railroad Forums 

• M&E History Book, 1952-1982

• Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.
Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, cjl330, mikec

#1265353  by therudycometh

Alright boys, I'm finally working on my next book... Morristown & Erie, Vol. #2 - Service Is Our Business: 1952-1982: 1952-1982. More information can be found here: http://www.garbelypublishing.com/store/ ... urbusiness. I expect it to be released around August of this year.

I've recently learned that Andrew Cobb III, who was the M&E president from 1964 to the bankruptcy in 1977, is still alive. I am going to attempt to interview him for this book - which will be the first commentary from him on any of the events of the 1970s.

Otherwise.... here's a bit of a preview....

Aerial view of Morristown from 1960. M&E Railway collection.

#15 at Essex Fells, July 24, 1965. George Povall collection.
Last edited by therudycometh on Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #1265462  by therudycometh

R36 Combine Coach wrote:In the 1960 aerial, appears a freight house was where Staples is now.
Freight house, passenger station, Imported Auto Parts, Swift Meats, Consumers' Coal, and one other place that I haven't been able to identify.
 #1271827  by blockline4180

Really looking forward to this one Rudy... Keep us informed!! Thanks!
 #1272600  by therudycometh

Will do! I'm shooting for an August release.

I interviewed Andy Cobb a few weeks back.... VEEEERRRRY interesting.