Railroad Forums 

• LV Boxcar 62300 - Victor, NY

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

#1489756  by BR&P

Ownership of the car has changed hands, but it has not been moved yet. I'll let the new owners make their announcement here.
 #1520245  by nydepot

Personally, I don't care either way. It's just funny the NY moderator posts to email lists and Facebook on what happened to the boxcar and not here, where he moderates.
 #1520397  by BR&P

Well, it's been the better part of a week now and nothing "official". Maybe the new owners are ashamed of the car, or maybe they figure this old forum just isn't worth the effort to post. :wink: So for those few of us on here who may care:

The car was delivered to the Rochester & Genesee Valley RR Museum last week, being transported there on its side on a lowboy. Photo below. And a link to the museum's web site page on the car: http://www.rgvrrm.org/about/railroad/lv62300/ Chain-yanking aside, it's great to see it preserved instead of scrapped, and it will be well cared for at its new home.
lvboxcar2.jpg
lvboxcar2.jpg (75.55 KiB) Viewed 1613 times
 #1520434  by Otto Vondrak

nydepot wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:41 pm Personally, I don't care either way. It's just funny the NY moderator posts to email lists and Facebook on what happened to the boxcar and not here, where he moderates.
Sorry for the absence folks, I've had nothing but trouble logging into the site since the software upgrades. Took me five password resets to get in tonight!

The Rochester & Genesee Valley Railroad Museum is pleased to announce the acquisition and arrival of the newest addition to our historic fleet: Lehigh Valley 62300, a 40-foot boxcar built in 1947. We encourage you to visit our Museum in September and see the car in person! Thank you to everyone involved in this acquisition including the generous support of Genesee Valley Transportation and Winters Rigging. Here's the full write up...

http://www.rgvrrm.org/about/railroad/lv62300/

Thanks to everyone who made this acquisition possible. We look forward to doing some fun things with this car in the future, stay tuned!

-otto vondrak
president, rochester & genesee valley railroad museum
Attachments:
LV 62300 at Industry, NY
LV 62300 at Industry, NY
lv-box-rgv.jpg (762.31 KiB) Viewed 1542 times
LV 62300 at Industry, NY
LV 62300 at Industry, NY
lv62300-roster-1024x621.jpg (169.48 KiB) Viewed 1542 times
 #1520467  by BR&P

I think he hit the wrong button and accidentally banned himself. Had to wait till his time was up before he could log back in again. :wink:

I saw the car sitting right by Rt 251 at Industry, and it looks just like a boxcar should. IMHO the boxcar has "aged" just enough to be perfect - all the detail is sharp, but it has lost that "too perfect" look you get immediately after leaving the paint shop. It's in good hands there. :-D