Railroad Forums 

• LIRR Employment Advice

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

#1349444  by Tricky006

Hi Everyone,

I've been attempting to join the Long Island Railroad since I graduated college in 2008 but have never received one response to any of my applications. Is there some secret to getting on that I'm unaware of? I've applied for dozens of positions that I meet the qualifications for, I've received the e-mails that say thank you for applying, but have never been called or e-mailed for a single position. I have a masters degree, I've worked consistently for the past ten years, and I've never been in any sort of legal trouble, so I can't figure out why. When I arbitrarily applied to ConRail, I was called two days later. I can't take a position their due to family constraints, but I can't seem to get a reply from the LIRR. I just applied for yet another trainee position so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Can anyone help with some feedback? Legitimately we are approaching eight years of me applying to the LIRR, so any feedback would be appreciated greatly.

Thank you. :-D
 #1350996  by drenyce311

Hey what's up?! I've been applying for the last 3-4 years. And I finally got a call back last year for the first time. What I did was I went thorough my resume and enhanced it. Added a few words here and a took some stuff out. I'm in phase 1 for locomotive engineer and it's been almost a year since I last applied to the time I stepped foot in the classroom. I would suggest keep applying.Best of luck bro.