Railroad Forums 

• Lehigh Line derailment

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#1452815  by RailsEast

Just hearing reports of a pretty big derailment on the Lehigh Line in Union this afternoon, that's all I know at this time. Thoughts out to the cleanup crews working in this weather, with snow in the forecast....
 #1452824  by CarterB

Both derailments in Union....or...?
 #1452830  by RailsEast

I believe that is one CSX train, derailed in two different spots in the consist. I don't know the symbol yet, one report said it was Selkirk bound, so maybe Q300?
 #1452834  by rr503

If Selkirk was one of the ends, the loaded C&D would make me think from SK. NYC ships tons of those out...
 #1453015  by AndyB

News radio reports that derailment has been cleared up and New Jersey Transit service restored for morning rush.
Since a major freight line NS and CSX there had to be some interesting rerouting of trains around it.
Any comments on routes?
 #1453029  by NYSW2300

AndyB wrote:News radio reports that derailment has been cleared up and New Jersey Transit service restored for morning rush.
Since a major freight line NS and CSX there had to be some interesting rerouting of trains around it.
Any comments on routes?
Not really, all freight when Port Reading Sec- Garden State Sec- National Docks Branch.

CSX did reroute Q409/410 and Q438/439 via Sand Patch.