Railroad Forums 

• Lansdale Cluster - Takeover begins!

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania

Moderator: bwparker1

#950616  by scotty269

http://www.stb.dot.gov/filings/all.nsf/ ... enDocument

PNR to take over freight rights on:

(1) Bethlehem Branch -23.80 miles between Milepost QAJ 6.70 at Newtown Junction and Milepost QAJ 30.50 at
Telford,
(2) Doylestown Branch -10.13 miles between Milepost QAH 0.00 at Lansdale and Milepost QAH 10.13 at Doylestown,
(3) New Hope Branch - 8.40 miles between Milepost QAU 0.00 at Glenside and Milepost QAU 8.40 at Ivyland,
(4) New York Line - 10.20 miles between Milepost QAA 10.90 at Jenkintown and Milepost QAA 21.10 at Neshaminy, and
(5) a portion ofthe Stony Creek Branch - 3.0 miles between Milepost QAC 0.00 at Lansdale and Milepost QAC 3.00.

It also states that CSX will interchange with PNR at Lansdale Yard. Interesting, as PNR will get rights all the way to Woodbourne Yard.
 #950668  by pumpers

some strange possible typos:
-- on the web page link in the previous email, the case title is "Pennsylvania Northwestern RR"
-- more seriously, on the map of the last page of the filing (click the link on the web page from the previous post, and then open the full pdf of the filing), the CSX-owned lines, include not just the CSX mainline, but also what I think is Conrail trackage in NJ and south Jersey across the river and the Philadelphia area. Does CSX really own those lines and Conrail just operate them, or does Conrail own them and CSX is part owner in Conrail. In the latter case, which I presume is correct, I would say the map is misleading...
JS
 #952342  by JimBoylan

scotty269 wrote:http://www.stb.dot.gov/filings/all.nsf/ ... enDocument
(4) New York Line - 10.20 miles between Milepost QAA 10.90 at Jenkintown and Milepost QAA 21.10 at Neshaminy, and
It also states that CSX will interchange with PNR at Lansdale Yard. Interesting, as PNR will get rights all the way to Woodbourne Yard.
I can't find these rights mentioned in the link.
 #952415  by chuchubob

pumpers wrote:some strange possible typos:
-- on the web page link in the previous email, the case title is "Pennsylvania Northwestern RR"
-- more seriously, on the map of the last page of the filing (click the link on the web page from the previous post, and then open the full pdf of the filing), the CSX-owned lines, include not just the CSX mainline, but also what I think is Conrail trackage in NJ and south Jersey across the river and the Philadelphia area. Does CSX really own those lines and Conrail just operate them, or does Conrail own them and CSX is part owner in Conrail. In the latter case, which I presume is correct, I would say the map is misleading...
JS
Part of one of the blue lines in Jersey is owned by NJ Transit (River LINE); all the rest are owned by Conrail.
 #953684  by scotty269

JimBoylan wrote:
scotty269 wrote:http://www.stb.dot.gov/filings/all.nsf/ ... enDocument
I can't find these rights mentioned in the link.
Page 5 -

(2) PNR expects to commence operations on or after August 13, 2011, more than thirty days after thefilingofthis Notice ofExemption.
(3) The Rail Lines are described as follows: (1) Bethlehem Branch -23.80 miles between Milepost QAJ 6.70 at Newtown Junction and Milepost QAJ 30.50 at
Telford, (2) Doylestown Branch -10.13 miles between Milepost QAH 0.00 at Lansdale and Milepost QAH 10.13 at Doylestown, (3) New Hope Branch - 8.40 miles between Milepost QAU 0.00 at Glenside and Milepost QAU 8.40 at Ivyland, (4) New York Line - 10.20 miles between Milepost QAA 10.90 at Jenkintown and Milepost QAA 21.10 at Neshaminy, and (5) a portion ofthe Stony Creek Branch - 3.0 miles between Milepost QAC 0.00 at Lansdale and Milepost QAC 3.00.
55.53 miles.
Lines.
(4) The total mileage to be acquired and operated is approximately