Railroad Forums 

• L&NE Hainsburg Bridge

• Discussion of the L&NR railroad for the period 1868-1961 at its inclusion in the Central of New Jersey. Also includes predecessors South Mountain and Boston Railroad, Pennsylvania, Poughkeepsie and New England Railroad, and others.
Discussion of the L&NR railroad for the period 1868-1961 at its inclusion in the Central of New Jersey. Also includes predecessors South Mountain and Boston Railroad, Pennsylvania, Poughkeepsie and New England Railroad, and others.

Moderator: David

#232865  by David

Just came across this picture of me sitting on the L&NE Bridge that crosses the Paulinskill River. It was taken in 1985. You have to look closely to see me. Anyone been there recently to see if the bridge is still there? I have other pictures of the Viaduct and the Cut-Off somewhere. Have to keep looking. Yes, Mikedc3--I will get some for you too--LOL.

http://members.aol.com/jjmdimunno/RRNET/LNE_Bridge.jpg

#232919  by NJ Vike

#233271  by David

NJ Vike wrote:Hello David,

Coming up this year?
Plan to leave here June 2nd and will attend the Manassas Railroad Festival on June 3rd. Then I will be in New Jersey for most of the month of June. Plans are open for now. When I left you last summer, I followed Mikedc3 on a road that goes all the way back to Andover by the L&HR ROW. There are some remains along the ROW. We can check them out----Also, like to see the Allmunchy Freight House.

#233328  by NJ Vike

Send me a reminder notice and I will run a tour if you like.

There's the L&NE/L&HR/CNJ/NYS&W and EL. Pick you favorite RR and I can show you and the group some of the area.

Will you be inviting both Mikes?

Ken

#245657  by David

NJ Vike wrote:Send me a reminder notice and I will run a tour if you like.

There's the L&NE/L&HR/CNJ/NYS&W and EL. Pick you favorite RR and I can show you and the group some of the area.

Will you be inviting both Mikes?

Ken

I have narrowed it down to The L&NE (around the Paulinskill bridge). I am wondering if the rail trail will go over that L&NE bridge. And going to Warwick--I would like to see what is left of the Shops, Office building and what is left of the trackage there. I have a satellite view of that area. It looks like several tank cars on various sidings. I will be making up my schedule soon. Gas might be a factor as to where and for how long I will be in New Jersey. The Mikes are always invited! :wink:

#245710  by NJ Vike

Keep me posted. I'll be more than glad to show you the area.

We believe we have also found where the ground work was done up here in Swartswood for the PP&B. I'll be going there soon and showing pictures soon.

Ken