Railroad Forums 

• L&N lock found

• General discussion about railroad operations, related facilities, maps, and other resources.
General discussion about railroad operations, related facilities, maps, and other resources.

Moderator: Robert Paniagua

#664215  by dirtydave

i dont know where this should go so here it is. while excavating a road today in the eastern part of fayette co. ky i found a very old lock. picked it up cleaned on it some and it says l&n rr co. it is circular about 2 inches across and about 1/2 inch thick, made of brass. has the oddes key hole i have ever saw. it is just to the right of the 6oclock position and just a slit of sorts in the side. any info would be great. not intersested in selling just want to know something about it.
 #664226  by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

I'm going to move this topic to the RR operations page. You will have a better chance of getting information about this lock here
 #668814  by Ken W2KB

dirtydave wrote:i dont know where this should go so here it is. while excavating a road today in the eastern part of fayette co. ky i found a very old lock. picked it up cleaned on it some and it says l&n rr co. it is circular about 2 inches across and about 1/2 inch thick, made of brass. has the oddes key hole i have ever saw. it is just to the right of the 6oclock position and just a slit of sorts in the side. any info would be great. not intersested in selling just want to know something about it.
One place to start

http://www.railroadiana.org/
 #668882  by BR&P

So THAT'S where it went - I've been looking all over for where I dropped it. I'll PM you my address and you can mail it to me, I'll even pay the postage! :wink:
 #669193  by Plate F

BR&P wrote:So THAT'S where it went - I've been looking all over for where I dropped it. I'll PM you my address and you can mail it to me, I'll even pay the postage! :wink:
I LOL'd...thanks!
 #669777  by dirtydave

what kind of reward are we talking :) still have found nothing about it. guess i will just put in my display cabinet with the rest of my stuff till some one can make up a believable story about it.