Railroad Forums 

• Kinkisharyo

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#1604530  by RandallW

The way that reads, Kinkisharyo wants to lease all or part of its facility in Piscataway, NJ to others who may need rail services at that facility, and Kinkisharyo wants to provide those services within the facility.
 #1604670  by ccutler

They've been providing transload to the container shipper for at least 6 months already. I'm guessing that they started the operation and then realized they might need to file proper paperwork if they wanted to expand operations. I wish them every success in this venture.
 #1604792  by planespotting

jdh823 wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:04 pm https://dcms-external.s3.amazonaws.com/ ... 305074.pdf

Saw this filed into the STB back in July (decision posted today)

What I'm guessing is just a corporate thing but does anyone have more info about it?
It looks like they have created a new "division" within the company to manage the added rail services to third parties. That might have been done to add layer of liability protection in case of de-railings and other things go off the rails.
 #1605430  by Ken W2KB

planespotting wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:21 pm
jdh823 wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:04 pm https://dcms-external.s3.amazonaws.com/ ... 305074.pdf

Saw this filed into the STB back in July (decision posted today)

What I'm guessing is just a corporate thing but does anyone have more info about it?
It looks like they have created a new "division" within the company to manage the added rail services to third parties. That might have been done to add layer of liability protection in case of de-railings and other things go off the rails.
I also initially thought liability, but it appears that the operating railroad is a "division". To afford any liability insulation would require that the railroad be separately incorporated.
 #1605456  by AceMacSD

They may be looking to ship out their waste from their Piscataway facility. Looks like another non-union operation looking to get their hands in the waste transfer pot. This will give more work for the Manville Conrail job.
 #1605526  by ccutler

six months ago Kinkisharyo's yard area was full of containers. Now it is mostly empty though some equipment remains. A high side gon is there, probably to collect scrap metal from Kinkisharyo's manufacturing operations, along with their engine and an empty 5-well container car. Equipment is still there for loading containers, they just don't appear to be operating at this time...probably waiting for regulatory approval to operate a 1500 foot "railroad?"