Railroad Forums 

• Jack Shufelt has passed

• Discussion relating to the NYC and subsidiaries, up to 1968. Visit the NYCS Historical Society for more information.
Discussion relating to the NYC and subsidiaries, up to 1968. Visit the NYCS Historical Society for more information.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

#1348796  by Otto Vondrak

Just informed of the following:
> This to inform you that Jack Shufelt passed away on Sept. 13, 2015. He was cremated, and there are no services. Memorial contributions in his memory can be made to Death with Dignity. http:/www.deathwithdignity.org.
>
> Sincerely,
> The Shufelt and McWilliams Families
Jack was a prolific contributor to this forum as well as an active member of the NYCSHS. To say he will be missed is an understatement.

-otto vondrak
 #1348812  by Noel Weaver

I never met this gentleman but I have enjoyed many exchanges with him on here. I will miss him and his contributions to this site.
Noel Weaver
 #1348835  by charlie6017

So sad........I only knew Mr. Shufelt through this site, but sure enjoyed interacting with him and I learned
quite a bit about NYC through his posts. My sincere condolences to his family. :(

Charlie
 #1349343  by PC1100

So sorry to hear this news. I too only knew him on this forum, but learned a lot of NY Central history from him. He will certainly be missed. My condolences to his family.
 #1351004  by DanS

Jack was a wealth of information. He will be missed. Does anyone know what will happen to all his research material? Hopefully it doesnt disappear. Maybe it can be donated to the NYC Historical society?
 #1372360  by scoostraw

DanS wrote:Jack was a wealth of information. He will be missed. Does anyone know what will happen to all his research material? Hopefully it doesnt disappear. Maybe it can be donated to the NYC Historical society?
I heard that he left his materials to the State University in Albany so it would be preserved.