Railroad Forums 

• It can't be THAT boring in northern Maine!

• Discussion of present-day CM&Q operations, as well as discussion of predecessors Montreal, Maine & Atlantic Railway (MMA) and Bangor & Aroostook Railroad (BAR).
Discussion of present-day CM&Q operations, as well as discussion of predecessors Montreal, Maine & Atlantic Railway (MMA) and Bangor & Aroostook Railroad (BAR).

Moderator: MEC407

#12936  by Cowford

Things have sure quieted down since this forum's format changed. What is the latest with MMA regarding new customers, traffic growth, service, solvency???
 #13076  by cbc6403

Cowford wrote:Things have sure quieted down since this forum's format changed.
It might have something to do with the old link to the forum not working any more. I had to re-register to post this.

Geoff
 #13466  by sandpvrr

Hello All,
It can be that boring actually....
In all seriousness, the MM&A is going, the GEs are back in full force, and with the exception of I think three EMD powered units (MPEX 2001, QSR 605, NVR 517) they are the only power being used.
Word has it that in the Brownville Jct. Area, towards the last week of the month, or first week of May, something interesting is going to happen. Thats all I've got on that right now, but it does involve painting something.
Hope this helps!
Happy Railfanning!
cya, Joey

#13468  by Slowrider

Are you still seeing the F-40s up there? Of both variety? Still on System?

M Fortin,

#13716  by MBTA Railfan

I will be in Maine in may any good railfanning tips for that area will be appreciated!

Bob
 #13853  by sandpvrr

Hello All,
In regards to the F-40s, I haven't seen any for several weeks. I understand they are all back in storage, presumably at Derby Shops. At last check, all serviceable GEs were running, although, that could change tomorrow.
Railfanning in Maine - there are a lot of good spots, and I can provide many of them on both MM&A and other lines.
For anyone who is interested, drop me an e-mail:
[email protected]
Have fun everyone!
cya, Joey

#16055  by Cowford

What is the approximate volume that they're running across the old CP west of Bvl Jct? Any word on recent financial results?