Railroad Forums 

• Is it possible to meet Mike Bednar In Person?

• Discussion related to the Lehigh Valley Railroad and predecessors for the period 1846-1976. Originally incorporated as the Delaware, Lehigh, Schuylkill and Susquehanna Railroad Company.
Discussion related to the Lehigh Valley Railroad and predecessors for the period 1846-1976. Originally incorporated as the Delaware, Lehigh, Schuylkill and Susquehanna Railroad Company.

Moderator: scottychaos

#1262739  by GP-30Kid

I was wondering if anyone has any information or might know if there is anyway to meet in person Mr. Mike Bednar. His insight into not only eastern PA railroad history but my families beloved Lehigh Valley is an amazing source of memories and information that paints a picture so clear and beautiful. I'm not sure if he entertains the idea of having people come to him to meet him or if he would even consider taking the time to talk. Anyone who has any information that might be able to help will be greatly appreciated. Mr Bednar is a very rare man in that his experience and wisdom in the railroad world is similar to only a certain few people in this world and I would love to have the chance to talk with him.

Jon
 #1263124  by JhnZ33

Although Mike is retired, he has a busy life with his contributions to various publications and his grandchildren. You may be able to catch Mike at a railroad show from time to time. He usually attends the Allentown Ag Hall show on a Sunday. He has also participated in some slideshow presentations. If the L&WV Chapter has their show this year in November, it is a good chance Mike will attend as long as the weather is good.
 #1281496  by JhnZ33

Mike NEVER posted on this or any forum as he does not own a computer. Brothers Dan and Keith do and Dan is a member on this board.

John
 #1281520  by charlie6017

JhnZ33 wrote:Mike NEVER posted on this or any forum as he does not own a computer. Brothers Dan and Keith do and Dan is a member on this board.

John
I question if Zeke had actually mistaken Keith for Mike, as Keith was a member here at one point. Years ago, a different former
member of this forum was giving Keith a hard time and he stopped posting here.

Charlie
 #1281771  by Zeke

Thanks, Charlie. I didn't realize there was more than one of them. I remember the dust up. It was a shame he left the board, a real source of knowledge regarding the old LV, not too many of em left.
 #1286063  by Tadman

I can't imagine having this hobby without the internet these days. It's amazing how much you learn and keep up with based on the net. I don't even buy magazines anymore and I rarely have the time to go trackside these days.
 #1286913  by RDG467

Mike will be presentng at the Anthracite Railroads Historical Society's September meeting, Friday the 12th at 7:30 pm. The meeting will be at the Quakertown Station. The business portion of the meeting usually lasts until 8 pm or so, followed by the entertainment. Visit http://www.anthraciterailroads.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for more info and directions.