Railroad Forums 

Discussion related to commuter rail and rapid transit operations in the Chicago area including the South Shore Line, Metra Rail, and Chicago Transit Authority.

Moderators: metraRI, JamesT4

#1193958  by Chicagopcclcars

I have finally mastered the posting methodology of YouTube. On June 02, Eric Zabelny and friends promoted a charter to help raise funds for the Illinois Railway Museum to acquire a pair of CTA 2200 series cars. The four-car charter travelled all over the system (except the Ryan Red line, LOL) and I was able to catch it inmany spots with my video camera. Funniest incident was on the Sheridan curve when the supervisor aboard the train spied me and started leadding a chant, "Wave at Dave.....Wave at Dave"! The whole train of waving people rolled by.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nefVuLP3cbk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

David Harrison
 #1194024  by Tadman

Dave, did they cruise the Evanston branch at speed? :-D

I'm of course alluding to certain "things that go thump" from the 2010 Snowflake trip...
 #1194034  by Chicagopcclcars

You'd have to get that answer from someone who went on the trip. I know that had planned a photo stop at Oakton/Skokie. There was Cubs game going on and I didn't want to chase through all that traffic so I went south from Sheridan and waited near Diversey to get a southbound shot.

David Harrison