Railroad Forums 

• Intermodal to Maine

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#1621782  by Cosakita18

With the first phase of the Saint John port expansion becoming operational this month and with the 'Keag rebuild being complete by the end of the summer, what's the likelihood of "day one" intermodal traffic moving down the MEC as soon as the 'Keag connection is up and running? Even if it's only single-stack or COFC.
 #1621784  by GU1001

johnpbarlow wrote:The Sea Land well cars have been owned by CSX for a few decades now (early '90s perhaps) and by NYS&W before CSX. Sea Land was purchase by CSX in 1986. I think these Gunderson well cars were built in the mid-80s.

They are survivors!
Somewhere I have a photo of the 1st doublestack test set in one of these Sea Land 5 packs at by the old Amtrak station in Worcester. I’ll see if I can dig it up.