Railroad Forums 

• Interesting Consist Discussion for the North Side

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

#1470340  by RenegadeMonster

I have heard that they will conducting passenger counts on the North Side soon in preparation for the the Spring Schedule and assigning set requirements for trains.

I would imagine that means we will probably see the 5X bi-level passenger count train very soon. Anyone have more info?
 #1470363  by MBTA3247

I can't speak for the count train (which may also be involved), but I do know they're planning to use tabulators for the upcoming passenger counts (which are system-wide).
 #1472774  by RenegadeMonster

That four car flat set was on 160 this morning.

Also, updating the set from 192 this morning. It was 1650-353-832-1720-"F40-2C". Didn't get the number of the engine, but was able to get the rest of the car numbers including the control cabs number when I got off at North Station.
 #1474714  by RenegadeMonster

Seems like we have an unusually high abundance of 9xx cars on the north side at this time. NETTransit lists 910, 915, 918, 923 as of May 25th, but I was on 913 yesterday so we know that one has made it's way north now as well.

Most of this week I have landed on sets where the only Double decker is a 9xx, and it's been months since I have been on one as there really hasn't been more than 1 9xx on the north side at a time for months now.