Railroad Forums 

• I Need Your Help!

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.

Moderator: railohio

#1089626  by wabash2800

I need an early photograph or postcard view of the WABASH DEPOT AT BENTON, INDIANA! Out of almost 40 locations in Chapter Six of my almost finished book, that's the only one I don't have!

I am so close to finishing my book on the Wabash Fourth District that includes an eleven chapter footnoted history, many photographs, maps, and other types of illustrations. About 40% of the story is told in the words of railroaders and fans that worked it or remembered it (mostly in the steam era).

Chapter Six includes a trip on the line circa 1915 with early postcard views of the stations, towers etc., maps, a list of industries, station agent assigned,etc.

The Goshen, Indiana Newspaper published a couple of early views of the depot over the years but they do not have the postcards. And my emails and at least one phone call to the editor to advertise for me have so far just produced lip service. I have exhausted the usual sources long ago.