Railroad Forums 

• How does Railroad Retirement work?

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

#1402810  by jph3158

What happens to my current state pension? If hired and i but 30yr in railroad i'll be 65ish. when i retire will i get both railroad and nj state pension or can my years with the state transfer into the 30 needed for railroad?
 #1590111  by Cowford

Bumping an old thread... given that so many railroaders are pulliing the pin nowadays, I thought I'd post a link to Highball Advisers' Youtube channel. This is not an endorsement of his services, but Mr McNamara's many videos help to answer many of the common (and uncommon) questions you typically hear, from retiring early to divorce/re-marriage implications.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4iMVM ... NngUZfeJ5g
 #1620443  by BuddR32

Does working for the FRA as a Safety Inspector after a 25 year RR career count towards the 30 years for RRB?

Or does it simply not break the connection? How would working for FRA affect your RRB?