Railroad Forums 

• Homewood

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.

Moderator: railohio

#336560  by MR77100

This suburb is known to be the best Chicagoland location for the Illinois Centrall. I went there for the first time last month and saw some nice variety, although I could do without the CN units! One of my friends warned me about Metra security possibly harrassing railfans here. Has that ever occurred here? Also, when is the "railfan platform" on the east side of the tracks to be completed?
 #336621  by CN_Hogger

MR77100 wrote: Also, when is the "railfan platform" on the east side of the tracks to be completed?
So that's what that is.... It's nice that we're getting a petting zoo. :P

#337915  by route_rock

Petting zoo :P :-D :P :-D Whos going to be the mop man at that peep show is more the question you should ask.

#338152  by CN_Hogger

I just can't wait to be pulling out a heavy track with a three pack of SW14's with a nice little wind out of the west...smoke screen! :-)