Railroad Forums 

• hey, im new!

• Discussion relating to the PRSL
Discussion relating to the PRSL

Moderator: JJMDiMunno

#76140  by choochoochuck

hey, everyone1 I'm new here and I just wanted to say hi. i live near Haddonfield and the PRSL is my favorite raillroadd, i have never actually rode it though because conrail had alrleady ttaken over whehn i was born. BTW, i vacation in Stone Harbor NJ which was not serrved by the PRSL...only the WJSRR
 #76361  by JJMDiMunno

choochoochuck wrote:hey, everyone1 I'm new here and I just wanted to say hi. i live near Haddonfield and the PRSL is my favorite raillroadd, i have never actually rode it though because conrail had alrleady ttaken over whehn i was born. BTW, i vacation in Stone Harbor NJ which was not serrved by the PRSL...only the WJSRR
Well welcome Chuck...if you love the PRSL, this is the place to be!

If you're interested in joining up with a group of us who discuss current happenings in the ex-PRSL territory now known as the CSAO South Jersey District, hop over to http://sjra.sjrail.com...there are 122 of us there now, and we have some great discussions there sometimes, concerning both current operations and historical (PRSL) stuff...we'd love to have you on board with us over there too (this goes for anyone else on here that didn't know about SJRA yet, too!).

Take care.

Mike DiMunno
www.SJRail.com: All about South Jersey Railroads!

#76507  by choochoochuck

I love that website and I will definetely join, I'll talk to you there! :-D

#76730  by David

Hey Chuck--If you are in the Haddonfield area on Monday, December 27 at 7pm, there will be a railroad meeting of the West Jersey Chapter National Railway Historical Society. Mike DiMunno (the moderator here) and I will be attending. They meet in the Haddonfield Municipal Building on Kings Highway. Hope to see you there and others.

#76961  by choochoochuck

Actually, I'm to young to join the society (I'm only 13) and I'm still allowed to come? :wink:

#76967  by chuchubob

Visitors are welcome. That includes you.

Traditionally, the program for the December meeting consists of movies. Years ago, the December meeting was the one that suffered most from inclement weather, and the Chapter was reluctant to have a speaker travel a long distance to get hassled by a snowstorm.

The movies selected for this meeting are:
"Days of the Shay", a color film produced by St Regis Paper featuring operations with their Shay locomotive;

"From Horsecar to Subway in New York City" chronicles the development of public rail transportation from horse cars to the opening of the first subway in 1904;

"Fast Freight Rolling", a 1952 film about the Western Maryland.