Railroad Forums 

• HEADS UP: Heritage Units on NS Southern Tier

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

#1489224  by Matt Langworthy

The GoRail unit #6963 is trailing on NS 37T. According to at least one FB report, the train was spotted at Waverly earlier this morning.

P.S. I know the GoRail unit is not a true heritage unit, but it is tracked on the HU website and IMO does fall under the umbrella of special locomotive sightings.
 #1489237  by sd80mac

Matt Langworthy wrote:The GoRail unit #6963 is trailing on NS 37T. According to at least one FB report, the train was spotted at Waverly earlier this morning.

P.S. I know the GoRail unit is not a true heritage unit, but it is tracked on the HU website and IMO does fall under the umbrella of special locomotive sightings.

By Hornell at 1:13pm
 #1490009  by BR&P

Deeretracks wrote:1072 Illinois Terminal is on today's 310. Location is currently unknown
Somebody better do a welfare check on Matt! Somebody else beat him to posting the info - hope he's all right! :wink:
 #1490615  by Matt Langworthy

The Interstate unit is leading NS 28N today. The "Creamsicle" was spotted in North East, PA a little over 2 hours ago, so #8105 should be on the Tier this afternoon.
 #1490616  by Matt Langworthy

BR&P wrote:
Deeretracks wrote:1072 Illinois Terminal is on today's 310. Location is currently unknown
Somebody better do a welfare check on Matt! Somebody else beat him to posting the info - hope he's all right! :wink:
I am often at an undisclosed location on the weekend. ;)
 #1490861  by Deeretracks

8098, Conrail, is DPU on today’s 310. May already be on the Tier. 1072 snuck through leading 23K overnight and is in Ohio headed to Chicago now. May make a return trip on 22K. Keep an eye out!
 #1490863  by Matt Langworthy

BR&P wrote:
Matt Langworthy wrote:I am often at an undisclosed location on the weekend. ;)
What were you convicted of, and how many weekends do you have to serve? :wink: :wink: :wink:
Haha!!! No troubles with the law- just not home. My flip phone doesn't play well with the internet.
 #1490864  by Matt Langworthy

Deeretracks wrote:8098, Conrail, is DPU on today’s 310. May already be on the Tier. 1072 snuck through leading 23K overnight and is in Ohio headed to Chicago now. May make a return trip on 22K. Keep an eye out!
The CR unit is buried in the consist for NS 310. However, NS often places the block for Gang Mills behind the DPU so photographers may have cleaner view of #8098 after the block is dropped off. I'm not sure where the train is now.