Railroad Forums 

• green goats

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.

Moderator: railohio

#387333  by ToledoTerminalRy

As I speak there are at least 3 Union Pacific Green Goats sitting at Stanley Yards Engine Facility. I could not get the numbers as other engines were blocking them. As I watched the hump they moved the engines at the facility but were still blocking the Green Goats. I will try to go back later and get the numbers!

Ryan

#388166  by CSXT 700

These are gensets, and not green goats, They are UPY 2641, 2642, & 2643. Also CSX and WLE have a new coke contract between Pittsburgh area and Detroit. The WLE brings them to the CSX off the connection at New London, Oh. hands them off to the CSX at Willard, and then CSX crews run them to Detroit and back. As of note, the first train was powered by the WE's two SD40T-2's in Rio Grand paint, and have come back with a second train, and are now in Detroit, again. These new trains are K389 loads, and K388 empties. Here they are on Sunday morning heading for Walbridge, with the empties.