Railroad Forums 

• Garwood Industrial Track Equipment Storage

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

#1293656  by ACeInTheHole

Just happened to spot 4201 on a test train leading doubled up with 4202. Westbound through Newark Broad street. I also recieved some information that 4218 was in the shop getting new traction motors. Seems 4201 and 4218 arent quite done yet.
 #1293676  by srock1028

ACeInTheHole wrote:Just happened to spot 4201 on a test train leading doubled up with 4202. Westbound through Newark Broad street. I also recieved some information that 4218 was in the shop getting new traction motors. Seems 4201 and 4218 arent quite done yet.
Will be happy to get 75-80 more miles out of them!
 #1293709  by trainzrok

4218 has been dead for quite some time now. Since late 2011/Early 2012. Hope they fix it up well. I didn't exactly find it to be a "good" unit.
 #1293863  by CNJGeep

trainzrok wrote:4218 has been dead for quite some time now. Since late 2011/Early 2012. Hope they fix it up well. I didn't exactly find it to be a "good" unit.
Cool, but what did the people who actually worked on it think?
 #1293867  by ApproachMedium

CNJGeep wrote:
trainzrok wrote:4218 has been dead for quite some time now. Since late 2011/Early 2012. Hope they fix it up well. I didn't exactly find it to be a "good" unit.
Cool, but what did the people who actually worked on it think?
Dont recall ever having a problem with it when I ran it. That was 5 years ago though.
 #1327414  by Regardie

Sometime in the last two weeks the string between Garwood and Cranford was broken apart. The locomotives and the Comet coach were pulled to the siding closer to Westfield to get them out of the way and a bunch of the Arrows were taken away. There are only 12 Arrows left in that string and 16 under the GSP.

Regardie
 #1327466  by ACeInTheHole

cnj1524 wrote:What else is there??there has been no sales/scrap sales,equipment to return to service??
IIRC at least the #4107 and #4111 are still out there, probably with a couple F40s. Thats Sullys area though im sure next time hes through hell fill us in
 #1327496  by ApproachMedium

All the arrows left there have been pillaged by copper thieves and supposedly are being scrapped on site. The rest I think were also hauled away for scrapping.

The MU numbers keep dropping. the trend of stored trains in NYP has shifted in the last week from MUs to MLVs or EPP sets. The end is drawing near for these cars.
 #1327563  by F-line to Dudley via Park

ApproachMedium wrote:All the arrows left there have been pillaged by copper thieves and supposedly are being scrapped on site. The rest I think were also hauled away for scrapping.

The MU numbers keep dropping. the trend of stored trains in NYP has shifted in the last week from MUs to MLVs or EPP sets. The end is drawing near for these cars.
Based on the NERail photographic evidence, the thieves helped themselves to the number boards from the F40's a long time ago.
 #1327621  by Chessie GM50

ApproachMedium wrote:All the arrows left there have been pillaged by copper thieves and supposedly are being scrapped on site. The rest I think were also hauled away for scrapping.

Speaking of Arrows, I saw a set of 6 or 8 of them parked on the spur track off of QUEEN interlocking today. Were these separated from a Garwood set, or are they the latest batch of bad actors?
 #1327695  by Sirsonic

The arrows were moved to another location for safety reasons.