Railroad Forums 

• Ganson St arrival 6-19-21

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

#1574151  by SST

I was riding the bike to the airshow on Saturday and crossed over the Michigan St bridge and rode along Ganson St. Sure enough, off in the distance was the lone CSX locomotive coming towards me. The track is in much better condition than 20 years ago when the dam thing almost tipped over as it crossed rails not anchored to the tie plate or the tie had disintegrated beneath the rail. Still going slow but looking good.

ADM [Great Northern} are the first set of silo's and GM is the second in the distant background. I should have followed it all the way to GM but airplanes were due to fly. Aviation always wins......usually.

#1574152  by SST

SST wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:38 am I was riding the bike to the airshow on Saturday and crossed over the Michigan St bridge and rode along Ganson St. Sure enough, off in the distance was the lone CSX locomotive coming towards me. The track is in much better condition than 20 years ago when the dam thing almost tipped over as it crossed rails not anchored to the tie plate or the tie had disintegrated beneath the rail. Still going slow but looking good.

ADM [Great Northern} are the first set of silo's and GM is the second in the distant background. I should have followed it all the way to GM but airplanes were due to fly. Aviation always wins......usually. Also, after reviewing the video I should have tipped the phone 90 degrees for a wider picture.