Railroad Forums 

• Fremont 4th track

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
 #1153226  by jayrmli

My guess would be it was removed sometime during PRR/PC/Conrail ownership. Traffic levels were down and there's no need to keep additional track that you don't need, especially in New York State which has always had a harsh way of taxing railroads.
 #1155940  by ccutler

I saw a train of continuously welded rail cross Hell's Gate Bridge southbound just now...might it be for this project?
 #1156061  by freightguy

LIRR has there own welded rail train. It could be that if it was brown coming back loaded. I also saw Amtrak has had the concrete tie machine working around Pelham and Hellgate vicinity. Just the one freight interchange track wouldn't really warrant a CWR train. I'm thinking more for upcoming LIRR mainline track work programs this spring/summer...
 #1156081  by DogBert

Whatever it was they must have dropped it off quickly and gone back north. I got back in today around 1:30pm and didn't hear them heading back.

If I recall right I saw the empty train going north a few weeks ago tacked on to the end of the usual morning job.