Railroad Forums 

• Freight Trains on Raritan River Bridge

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#1325846  by Tom_E_Reynolds

Does anyone know when you can see freight trains on the Raritan River Bridge between Perth Amboy and South Amboy?

I have a friend (not a train nut) who would like to take a few pics of freight trains on the bridge. I sent her the NJT schedule for the passenger trains, but have no clue how many or how often they even move freight anymore.

Is Browns Yard the only yard that traffic goes and comes from? If so, do they make more then one trip per day?

Any info is appreciated!

She needs this for a school project on Tuesday.
 #1325861  by waldwickrailfan

Tom_E_Reynolds wrote:Does anyone know when you can see freight trains on the Raritan River Bridge between Perth Amboy and South Amboy?

I have a friend (not a train nut) who would like to take a few pics of freight trains on the bridge. I sent her the NJT schedule for the passenger trains, but have no clue how many or how often they even move freight anymore.

Is Browns Yard the only yard that traffic goes and comes from? If so, do they make more then one trip per day?

Any info is appreciated!

She needs this for a school project on Tuesday.
CR OI16 runs almost everyday, usually sometime in the early-mid afternoon west. Idk about east though, if at all