Railroad Forums 

• Fox River Subdivision Sold?

• Discussion relating to the Burlington Northern and its predecessors Great Northern, Northern Pacific, Chicago Burlington & Quincy, Seattle Portland & Seattle, St. Louis - San Francisco, and their subsidiaries. Visit the Friends of the Burlington Northern for more information.
Discussion relating to the Burlington Northern and its predecessors Great Northern, Northern Pacific, Chicago Burlington & Quincy, Seattle Portland & Seattle, St. Louis - San Francisco, and their subsidiaries. Visit the Friends of the Burlington Northern for more information.
 #7179  by BN7151

I have a 1995 BN Employee Timetables book, three-ring bound with vinyl cover, and it states in the Chicago Div. #3 Timetable that the Fox River Subdivision runs through Aurora to Streator, IL; however, a friend tells me this line has since been sold to Illinois Railnet. Can anyone tell me the status of this line?
 #8717  by Engineer Spike

The line was sold in '97, or '98. to Illinois Railnet, or Illinois Scabnet, as I call it. When it was sold, I got cut off in Aurora, and was forced to Galesburg.
The same outfit took over the Rockford Branch.
It happened about the same time that Cicero hump closed. It turned out to be a blessing that I got cut off. I was able to hold better jobs in Galesburg, it is cheaper to live there, and I got into engineer school sooner.