River Line

Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: Tadman, nick11a, ACeInTheHole, Kaback9

ExCon90

Re: River Line

Post by ExCon90 » Fri May 17, 2019 3:37 pm

Ah, but without street running through the middle of Burlington.

ALP45DP 4515

Post by ALP45DP 4515 » Sat May 18, 2019 3:23 pm

Off topic but if I may ask, it seems lately that the river line is plagued by mechanical failures almost daily. Are these GTW units in that bad of shape?

lensovet

Post by lensovet » Sat May 18, 2019 9:12 pm

EuroStar wrote:May I make a suggestion? The executive director has been holding public feedback sessions. Why not go to one of them and inquire about this? Make a suggestion that they adjust the schedule. While there is no guarantee, you would be surprised how much can be accomplished if one tries to do something rather than just complain about it. If you cannot go to one of the sessions go to one of the monthly board meetings or just write a polite letter explaining the issue.

While your mileage might vary depending who you contact, how well they understand the issue and how close/far they are from the decision makers on that particular issue, you would do good for many fellow passengers by pointing this out to the people at NJT. My personal experience was that certain schedule adjustment was made about 6 months after I wrote a letter explaining certain overcrowding issues during rush hour.
Doesn’t look like anyone did this and this thread has just been brought from the dead so I decided to try it. We’ll see what happens!
Paul Borokhov

Last RRPicArch addition – NJ Railfan.

NJT RailCalifornia commuter (mod)

jamesinclair

Post by jamesinclair » Mon May 20, 2019 10:04 am

lensovet wrote:
EuroStar wrote:May I make a suggestion? The executive director has been holding public feedback sessions. Why not go to one of them and inquire about this? Make a suggestion that they adjust the schedule. While there is no guarantee, you would be surprised how much can be accomplished if one tries to do something rather than just complain about it. If you cannot go to one of the sessions go to one of the monthly board meetings or just write a polite letter explaining the issue.

While your mileage might vary depending who you contact, how well they understand the issue and how close/far they are from the decision makers on that particular issue, you would do good for many fellow passengers by pointing this out to the people at NJT. My personal experience was that certain schedule adjustment was made about 6 months after I wrote a letter explaining certain overcrowding issues during rush hour.
Doesn’t look like anyone did this and this thread has just been brought from the dead so I decided to try it. We’ll see what happens!
Best of luck! I submitted feedback online and never heard back.

I also reported a bus schedule that was obviously incorrect (the express was marked as taking longer than the local) and did get a response - but it was never fixed.

Return to “New Jersey Transit NJT Rail and Light Rail LRT”