Railroad Forums 

• Florida East Coast SD40-2 712

• Discussion relating to the FEC operations, past and present. Includes Brightline. Official web site can be found here: FECRWY.COM.
Discussion relating to the FEC operations, past and present. Includes Brightline. Official web site can be found here: FECRWY.COM.

Moderator: GOLDEN-ARM

#122168  by TerryC

What has become of SD40-2 712? Has it been retired, scrapped, repainted or something else?

keep asking keep learning

#122200  by crazy_nip

he doesnt look anything up himself, he things this website is here to provide him all of the answers to his rediculous questions

#122245  by AmtrakFan

crazy_nip wrote:he doesnt look anything up himself, he things this website is here to provide him all of the answers to his rediculous questions
Well I was giving him that sight so HE CAN DO IT.

#122260  by emd_SD_60

I think Terry C wants to keep tabs on this locomotive since the fatal dump truck accident in March, and supposedly 712 is to be painted in the regular FEC blue after getting repaired... I want to know what's up with 712 too. :wink:

#122290  by TerryC

THANK YOU emd_SD_60, Noel Weaver AND AmtrakFan.

keep asking keep learning
Last edited by TerryC on Sat Apr 30, 2005 9:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

#122303  by AmtrakFan

emd_SD_60 wrote:I think Terry C wants to keep tabs on this locomotive since the fatal dump truck accident in March, and supposedly 712 is to be painted in the regular FEC blue after getting repaired... I want to know what's up with 712 too. :wink:
I do too.

#122331  by Noel Weaver

When and if I see 712 around here, I will let you all know.
Noel Weaver

#150110  by TerryC

Noel Weaver, any news on Florida East Coast SD40-2 712.

keep searching keep finding
1929th member to join forum

#150161  by Noel Weaver

TerryC wrote:Noel Weaver, any news on Florida East Coast SD40-2 712.

keep searching keep finding
1929th member to join forum
Saw two trains today, did not see the 712.
Noel Weaver

#151833  by ACLfan

I've been on the watch for it when I have been in likely (and unlikely) places that it may be, such as shops, rebuilders, etc., but no 712.

It's fate will be largely determined by the type and extent of damage. Bent frames are usually the kiss of death for an older motor with a relatively short life-time left, and the same situation for a lot of damage, both internal and external.

ACLfan
 #169541  by Noel Weaver

Engine 712 went north through Fort Lauderdale on Thursday around
11:30 PM or so. It was the lead unit on a container train with a lot of
cars.
Engine 712 was paint yellow like the other 700 class engines.
Noel Weaver, Thursday, September 22, 2005

#169785  by GOLDEN-ARM

I live in Ft. Pierce, and I saw the 712, in the same old UP paint, as before the wreck. will snag a picture, when I see it in daylight. It was headed south, with pigs and freight. Usually the stuff turns pretty quick, from Miami, so I'll keep a look out for it. The unfortunate thing is, most freight/pigs/stacks run at night, on the FEC. Daytime is for locals, and MOW crews. This is due to the "cut-off" times, for accepting containers, trailers, etc., during the day, and not having the trains ready, until after 6:00 pm. The guys on the south end, or the north end, might have better luck, with a daylight pic. Regards :-D