Railroad Forums 

• Flagstaff Vacation 2003

• Pertaining to all railroad subjects, past and present, in the American West, including California, Arizona, Nevada, Colorado, New Mexico, Wyoming, Montana, and The Dakotas. For specific railroad topics, please see the Fallen Flags and Active Railroads categories.
Pertaining to all railroad subjects, past and present, in the American West, including California, Arizona, Nevada, Colorado, New Mexico, Wyoming, Montana, and The Dakotas. For specific railroad topics, please see the Fallen Flags and Active Railroads categories.

Moderator: Komachi

#561094  by erielackawanna

For many of us, myself included, railfanning trips are hard to come by, so we try to turn family vacations into railfanning trips by getting up before the family and heading out. I took this shot on one such occasion, mere steps from the door of my hotel, of a BNSF manifest heading east on the Transcon.

http://freericks.rrpicturearchives.net/ ... id=1257981

Corrections are always welcome, and many thanks for looking.

Charles Freericks
 #569841  by slotcanyoneer

nice shot. flagstaff is an AMAZING place to railfan. It is also a charming city surrounded by beautiful landscapes. My wife and I vacationed there in May of 07 for the main purpose of going to the Grand Canyon and other side trips. Being sort of an armchair railroad enthusiast, boy was I surprised at the railfanning there! The sheer number of trains going by makes it pretty much a given that you will see a train every 10-15 minutes. Great time! There's lots of other things to do nearby such as Walnut Canyon Nat'l Monument, Sunset Crater, the snowbowl(skiing), native american ruins. Good place for outdoor lovers.