• FL9 F-10 Discussion: Metro-North / CtDOT / Amtrak

• This forum will be for issues that don't belong specifically to one NYC area transit agency, but several. For instance, intra-MTA proposals or MTA-wide issues, which may involve both Metro-North Railroad (MNRR) and the Long Island Railroad (LIRR). Other intra-agency examples: through running such as the now discontinued MNRR-NJT Meadowlands special. Topics which only concern one operating agency should remain in their respective forums.
This forum will be for issues that don't belong specifically to one NYC area transit agency, but several. For instance, intra-MTA proposals or MTA-wide issues, which may involve both Metro-North Railroad (MNRR) and the Long Island Railroad (LIRR). Other intra-agency examples: through running such as the now discontinued MNRR-NJT Meadowlands special. Topics which only concern one operating agency should remain in their respective forums.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

by harmon44

Cab unit being cut up today in croton east yard today-looked like 2044.

by johnnybar

does mn plan on scrapping all the fl9ac's? or are they going to save a few for some unknown reason, also what happened to the 2 fl9s that were in newhaven sitting for a while

by DutchRailnut

2003 and 2005 from New Haven are scrapped I believe.
rumor is 2043 will be saved as yard powerpack to power coaches in winter.
all others to be scrapped, no news on 2017 however.

by harmon44

I stopped to note which engines were on the scrap line this morning. They are in order 2044, 2046, 2042, 2040, 2041, 2003, and 2005. 2044 is currently being scrapped.

by harmon44

2044 and 2046 have their shells removed and power plants exposed. I guess they intend to remove the engines.

by Otto Vondrak

Croton East Yard: LIRR 300, 301, and 302 are on the track closest to the main, with an M-1, a gon, an old Budd coach, and an SPV shell.

-otto-

by mncommuter

Sad sight....

by FL9

what will happen to their motors? will they see the scrapper too. I know most people didnt like the AC's and these are the only units they cut up like this, just wondering. Its not like MN can do anything with the motors. Is this happening to the other AC units as well

by Alcochaser

Those are 710G 12 cylinder EMD motors. I am quite sure they will be resold.

by oddball

can someone tell me which numbers are still active now?

by DutchRailnut

2016 and 2024 are on Danbury.
others still active are 2011 - 2014 - 2026- 2027
plus MNCR units 2008 and 2012.
for F10's the 410 - 411 and 413 we can't get rid off.

by DAC

Good,

Hope these units stay for ever.

by Otto Vondrak

Anyone have the F-unit assignments for this weekend?

-otto-
  by metroduff

Riding to Bridgeport last night, I saw 2016 on a shuttle set, idling at South Norwalk just after 6. As there is no shuttle for three hours after that, I wondered, is the set there to protect in case one of the Gennies craps out and an electric carries the Danbury riders to SoNo?

by njt4172

Heard from a reliable source that a contract to obtain ex-Amtrak P40's will be signed soon.....Once these units arrive on the property you can kiss the FL-9's goodbye.....
Two FL-9's might be saved for a farewell excursion in 2006......

Steve