Railroad Forums 

• First HO Hyundai-Rotem CEM bi-level cars

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

#1218701  by nightshade

i have a drawing of the rothem coach that gonna send out to 3d printing in few weeks :)

here is the side and the endcap ( n scale tho )

did print out the chassis, which can use kato inside bearing trucks ( and with bit of fiiting can use on athearn bombardiers :) )
 #1218802  by Mike@IHP

nightshade wrote:i have a drawing of the rothem coach that gonna send out to 3d printing in few weeks :)

here is the side and the endcap ( n scale tho )

did print out the chassis, which can use kato inside bearing trucks ( and with bit of fiiting can use on athearn bombardiers :) )
Looks nice, but why do it in pieces? With 3D printing now, you can do it in one piece, and any variations thereof as well. And in a high-quality process. No reason to think the old way anymore and make more work to assemble the parts like a kit; why not save yourself the trouble? It can then be adapted to fit whatever frame you want at that point, and you can even consider making your own 3D frames to fit. By the way, if you want to do an HO version with the highest quality printing, contact me, I can put you in touch with a service that can do high quality parts that large.

Thanks!

Mike Bartel
IHP
http://ihphobby.tripod.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.shapeways.com/shops/ihphobby" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
 #1222104  by nightshade

im drawing it in piceS .... ( easier to edit and better to see each detail in the drawing tree ...)
I have all 4 sides ( working on the roof ... corrugated +the ac's o well ) ( was bored as hell few days ago ... so went to super detailing LOL) science I live close to the metrolink / coaster line.... took bunch of close-up pics :) )
after drawing and assembling the whole thing in solid works I will transport to a file as one whole shell
to send out to 3d printing.

maybe few more weeks .... and should be done with the coach ... as for cab car it will be quick
cuz I can edit the coach assembly to make a variation and change to cab .... :)

finished the side with all details :)