Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

by mncommuter

Thanks for the pics, Fred.
That is definately a strange sight!!

by AMoreira81

Thanks Fred. However, on a related topic: Can the P-40s run on Shore Line East, or are they not equipped with ACSES?

by DutchRailnut

only 2 out of 8 units have ACSES.
here is lineup of CDOT leased units.
TO MNRR 833, 834, 836, 838, 840, 841
TO SLE 842, 843

by JayMan

Good pics Fred, nice as usual.

by Robert Paniagua

only 2 out of 8 units have ACSES.
here is lineup of CDOT leased units.
TO MNRR 833, 834, 836, 838, 840, 841
TO SLE 842, 843

Dutch,

Do you think they'll be able to equip more of the P40 bad boys with ACSES? Or will it be just those two, especially since SLE has a few of their own other engines?

by DutchRailnut

The other six are for MNCR branch operations, not for SLE.

As for topic they are not ex-Amtrak but are still Amtrak, they are only leased, not purchased.

by RailBus63

I know the locomotive is only leased from Amtrak, but I still don't understand why they can't at least cover the Amtrak markings with simple decals for ConnDOT/Metro North.

JD

by DAC

Local news this AM in New Haven, stated that Metro North finally received
new engines for use on the Waterbury Branch.

This will improve performance. ( They claim)

by R3toNEC

Do those two car Waterbury shuttles run into Grand Central?

by R3toNEC

How often then is the shuttle? I completely forgot about it being single mode diesel.

by Otto Vondrak

Shuttles are just that- shuttles confined to a branch or territory. THROUGH trains run to GCT, and require dual-mode engines.
  by NHRR WTBY

capuzfu wrote:How often then is the shuttle? I completely forgot about it being single mode diesel.
Four trips per day on weekends, six on weekdays.