Railroad Forums 

• ES44C4 locomotives

• Discussion relating to the FEC operations, past and present. Includes Brightline. Official web site can be found here: FECRWY.COM.
Discussion relating to the FEC operations, past and present. Includes Brightline. Official web site can be found here: FECRWY.COM.

Moderator: GOLDEN-ARM

#1310301  by Noel Weaver

charlie6017 wrote:That's great news for the FEC.....looking forward to seeing photos of the new power as they
start to surface on the net.

Good to see you posting again, Noel. I hope you and your family had a nice Christmas and hopefully
you're feeling better each day.

Charlie
Thank you very kindly. AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!!!!
Noel Weaver
 #1317688  by KSmitty

Any reports on how the C4's are doing?

Do the crews like them? How about the mechanical department?
 #1350303  by Noel Weaver

This came on line yesterday:

GE engine 3000 is headed to FEC for LNG testing. It'll be taken to NSB by train 111 and stored there until FEC 800 makes it back from Texas with new LNG tender, supposedly in January. Those will be tested together in January between Bowden & NSB.

Noel Weaver
 #1367760  by Gilbert B Norman

From Lexus dealer North Miami

Quite the sight at about 930A; a SB passed by here 14 1st with four Units Numbered 8XX. They were liveried in Flagler colors. Train was some 100 cars, comprised of "everything".

Well, no fun to have a fairly new buggy have something go haywire on a trip, but to see that train was indeed a "mitigator".
 #1400493  by GEVO

I saw a pair of FECR locomotives with a matching LNG tender between them at the Erie plant off Franklin Ave this past Saturday. The tender was about 1/2 the size of an oil tank car. Could kick myself for not getting a picture.
 #1409328  by Noel Weaver

Just heard there are 7 or 8 GE's equipped for LNG. They will equip all 24 of them for this type of operation. One crew said there is no difference in performance and they save a lot of diesel fuel in the process. I also understand there will be 13 LNG tenders for them as well.
Noel Weaver
 #1410590  by BandA

LNG not CNG? One tank instead of multiple small tanks in previous pictures I've seen posted months ago.