Railroad Forums 

• End of Kodak Coal - March 2018

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

#1466724  by Gyro

Otto Vondrak wrote:
Gyro wrote:Sat at the crossing at Ridge Road for (this?) train to cross. Had the feeling it was the last one.
The last loaded coal train was delivered by CSX in February, if you see coal hoppers moving today, then those are the gathered emptied making their last trip home...

-otto-
Yes, it was the empty. Should have added that.
 #1476775  by Joseph DeLuisi

Hi, I'm in NJ but just wanted to ask if Kodak still runs their own RR? I remember reading a Trains magazine article years ago about the Kodak RR operations up there and their large yard. Thanks
 #1476922  by scottychaos

BR&P wrote:Rail service in the former Kodak property is now provided by a subsidiary of GWI.
It is currently called "Rochester Switching Services, Inc." operated by Rochester & Southern.

https://www.eastmanbusinesspark.com/railroad" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I have been away from Kodak Park for 6 years now (I worked there 1995 to 2012) but last I knew they were still operating the railroad with two or perhaps all three former Kodak locomotives, just with the KPRR markings removed. I believe one of the three has left the property, (although maybe it was only spotted outside the Kodak Park for maintenance, and then went back, not sure about that.)

Scot
 #1477052  by Otto Vondrak

Joseph DeLuisi wrote:Hi, I'm in NJ but just wanted to ask if Kodak still runs their own RR? I remember reading a Trains magazine article years ago about the Kodak RR operations up there and their large yard. Thanks

Kodak Park Railroad closed in 2007. Contracted to GWI Switching Services now.

-otto-