Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

by shadyjay

From the Metro North Web Site...

3 additional Shore Line East trains are now running thru New Haven (from Old Saybrook) to Stamford, making stops in Bridgeport and Stamford. There had been only 2.

What few extra cars are in existance may be added to ease crowding.

Express New Haven-Stamford-GCT trains are making additional stops if demand warrants.

http://www.mta.info/mnr/

by peirce

This link will take you to the latest info from Metro-North:

http://www.mta.nyc.ny.us/mnr/html/servi ... es.htm#271

And here is what Connecticut Department of Transportation is saying:

" RIDE THE TRAIN!!

The BEST route to and through Fairfield County is by New Haven Line Train. "

by shadyjay

Since last Friday, has anyone ridden Metro North or the SLE-MN connection? Is it very crowded?

Reason for asking....

#1 Traffic on I-95 SB approaching the point where "all must exit" doesn't seem too heavy throughout the day, according to the DOT web cams.

#2 Traffic this AM on the Merritt Parkway was heavy but nothing out of the ordinary

#3 CDOT IS PROMOTING RAIL SERVICE AS AN ALTERNATIVE

I thought this would really mess up the whole region, but traffic down south doesn't seem all that bad. Could we see some add'l funding for rail service in CT? Hopefully Rowland is watching and learning something!

-Jay Hogan

by trainfreak

With I95 southbound reopened i am pondering this question. How much was rail travel effected by the shut down of the southbound lane? Were there more people on the trains as a result? Any input on this would be nice. Thanks.

by DutchRailnut

according to conductors about 30% increase in people lots of standees.
but its all history now.

by the missing link

the a@#$%le that caused the whole mess got of with a slap on the wrist fine of 186$or something..........