Railroad Forums 

• East Brookfield & Spencer Railroad

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

#714497  by daylight4449

now, just a quick thought, but with the HUGE success of cash for clunkers, wouldn't that bring in revenue. just take a moment to think about it, auto dealers with full lots have to get more stock in to meet up with demand, meanign the EB&S would have to bring in more carloads to the facility. i'm only saying this looking back on cash for clunkers, seeing the EB&S is tied with the auto industry, due to it's main comodity is automobiles, much how hopps and coal were the main traffic of the Pittsburg, Shawmut, and Northern Railroad in the early 20th century
 #886887  by daylight4449

frrc wrote:
daylight4449 wrote:so basically with the auto industry ging bad, were talking about Mccloud River all over again, unless a major corprate jiant, like mcdonalds or walmart build distribution centers there.
Doubt you'd see any additional expansion, there is a large RR NIMBY population in the area. I recall a while back some residents were complaining
that autoracks parked on the sidings were preventing them from crossing the tracks to access a local pond for fishing, as well as CSX trains that were passing blowing horns, disturbing people.
wait, a NIMBY group you say? this could be very helpful in trying to save the depot....
 #932272  by daylight4449

daylight4449 wrote:so basically with the auto industry ging bad, were talking about Mccloud River all over again, unless a major corprate jiant, like mcdonalds or walmart build distribution centers there.
Wow, looking back on this, I had some really bad spelling! On another note, does anyone know the contact information for the route?
 #1540197  by johnpbarlow

Yes, I believe B740 originates at W Springfield. Back before this new normal of the pandemic, road train Q264 used to bring lengthy rack trains to E Brookfield but my my understanding is that since auto sales are currently abysmal, auto distribution centers are pretty full. Some RRs have instituted embargoes on shipment to certain distribution centers. Don't know if E Brookfield has become embargoed or not, though.