Railroad Forums 

• Eagle Lake

• Discussion of present-day CM&Q operations, as well as discussion of predecessors Montreal, Maine & Atlantic Railway (MMA) and Bangor & Aroostook Railroad (BAR).
Discussion of present-day CM&Q operations, as well as discussion of predecessors Montreal, Maine & Atlantic Railway (MMA) and Bangor & Aroostook Railroad (BAR).

Moderator: MEC407

#569505  by atsf sp

I'm headed up to eagle lake tommorow. And I know at this campground I go to, there is a private MMA crossing down the road. I was just wondering how many trains run this line per day and what times? I know there is a train that goes through at night because I heard it last time. Is my best bet to see power at the Madawaska yard by Fraser Paper? Last time I was there I saw 8553 and 21.
Thank you.
 #572937  by atsf sp

I'm back from my trip and I don't know about daytime trains, but a freight goes by at 12 at night. I saw it pulled by B39-8 8553 and 8525. But there are no trains from 5pm to 9am. And 21 is the yard switcher at Madawaska still.
 #588016  by Railcar

MMA has switched to a every other day train coming down from the County. It should be around 80 cars. They were running every day with about 60 but Irving has closed the lumber mill with the downturn in building hence less frieght.......crappy news.